This is a very easy dish but it has a level of flavors that are wonderfully sophisticated and delicate! The honey and the balsamic each retain their own individual personality and yet create a totally new flavor when combined with the orange juice and shallots. This sauce can also be used for lamb chops!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
4 pork chops
2 T orange zest
4 T balsamic vinegar
¼ cup fresh orange juice
2 T orange honey
2 T white wine
2 T olive oil
1. Finely chop the shallots and sauté with the orange zest in 1 T olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes.
2. Add the balsamic vinegar and let the vinegar reduce for 5 minutes.
3. Add the orange juice and white wine, continue cooking over medium heat.
4. Heat 1 T olive oil in large sauté pan and add the pork chops. Sauté for 3-5 minutes per side depending on thickness of pork chops. Pork chops cook rather quickly so be careful not to overcook.
5. Just before the pork chops are done, add the orange honey to the shallot sauce and warm together.
6. Remove the pork chops to a serving platter.
7. Pour the shallot sauce into the pork chop sauté pan and stir well to combine with the tasty brown bits from cooking the pork chops.
8. Pour the sauce over the pork chops and serve.