Celebrate National Pecan Torte Day with an Italian inspired Pecan Torta for dessert tonight!
This dense and creamy cake is also great topped with a dollop of whipped cream. I have also served it with a drizzle of lemon curd but I must admit I love this torta as is, warm out of the oven!
1 cup self rising flour
1 cup pecan meal
1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
2 T. DiSaronno or rum
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 350, spray 9 inch torte or pie pan with non stick spray
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
3. Blend in DiSaranno or rum, egg and lemon zest
4. blend in flour & pecan meal
5. beat batter which is very thick for minutes
6. spread evenly in torte pan and bake for 40 minutes