Summer salads are a true joy to behold and this one gives you three salads in one!
A green salad with tarragon vinaigrette, vine ripened tomato basil mozzarella salad and hard boiled eggs topped with crumbled Gorgonzola cheese. Served with fresh herb focaccia hot out of the oven you have the best summer combination imaginable!
Ingredients for 4 persons:
The Egg Salad:
1 hard boiled egg per person
4 Tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola
Salt and pepper to taste
The Green salad:
4 stalks celery chopped
4 cups chopped mixed greens (your choice)
1 cup radicchio chopped
4 green onions chopped
The Tarragon Vinaigrette:
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 Tablespoons Tarragon Vinegar
1/2 Teaspoon Old Style Mustard (with the seeds)
1 Tablespoon finely chopped Shallots
The Tomato Basil Mozzarella Salad:
4 small vine ripened tomatoes
4 small balls fresh mozzarella (or one large)
Fresh Basil leaves finely chopped
about 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
1. Mix all ingredients for the tarragon vinaigrette together
2. Mix salad green together and toss with vinaigrette
3. Place on 1/2 of your plate
4. Place sliced eggs down the center of the remaining half of the plate and top with salt, pepper and crumbled cheese
5. Cut tomatoes and mozzarella into large chunks and mix with basil and olive oil
6. Place the tomato salad on both sides of the egg salad.
7. Serve immediately with focaccia or crusty country bread.
Finish your meal with grilled peaches with brown sugar and topped with cold plain yogurt!
Super easy, just peal your peaches, cut in half and place cut side down on a grill pan. Grill over medium heat until nicely browned. Turn over and fill center with brown sugar. When sugar is melted, place peaches on a bowl and top with plain yogurt. If you want a bit of extra sweetness, sprinkle with brown sugar.
Finish your meal with grilled peaches with brown sugar and plain yogurt!