|KC Quaretti-Lee & Chef Judi Gallagher|
1 ½ Cups Self Rising Flour
¼ Teaspoon Salt
6 Tablespoons Butter
¾ Cups Sugar
1 Teaspoon Lemon Extract (almond extract can also be used but then delete the lemon zest)
Zest from ½ lemon
2 Tablespoons cream
1 Pint Strawberries (washed, hulled and cut in half)
1. Pre-Heat oven to 350
2. Beat butter, sugar, eggs, lemon extract and cream together.
3. Combine flour and salt.
4. Gently add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, do not over mix.
5. Spread into a 9 inch spring form pan coated with non stick spray.
6. Press strawberries into batter in a circular pattern.
7. Bake for 45 minutes.
8. Cool 15-20 minutes and transfer to serving platter.
9. Slice & serve as is or with optional toppings.
Sliced strawberries and whipped cream
A drizzle of chocolate sauce
Vanilla or strawberry ice cream