Ok, quiche is French but I used non fat Greek yogurt as the quiche base rather than crème fresh or heavy cream; hence Greek Quiche. You end up with a lighter and definitely healthier version of a traditional quiche. Once you start using non fat Greek yogurt I don’t think you will ever go back. The quiche choices are endless so use your family favorites, what is in season or even sneak some veggies in without the kids knowing.
I always have ready to use pie crusts in the fridge; I’m lazy and they save soooo much time and mess! For this meal I used one crust for the quiche and made a pantry dessert with the other; I’ll post the dessert tomorrow.
Preheat the oven to 375. While the oven is heating make the quiche filling….
1 ready to bake pie crust
6 ounces non fat Greek Yogurt
2 large or 3 small leeks; white and light green part only
1 small sweet onion
1 Tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper
Pinch of fresh ground nutmeg
1/3 Cup non fat grated mozzarella
¼ Cup grated parmesan
1. Slice lees in half lengthwise and thoroughly wash and then thinly slice
2. Sauté leeks in olive oil for 5 minutes
3. Finely chop onion and add to leeks, continue cooking for 10 minutes
4. While leeks and onions are cooking combine eggs, yogurt salt, pepper, nutmeg and mozzarella
5. Add leeks to egg mixture and mix well
6. Fill unbaked pie crust with quiche mixture and top with grated parmesan
7. Bake in center of oven for 35-40 minutes or until center is set
8. Let rest for 10 minutes prior to serving