I usually end up making these muffins early Sunday mornings and we enjoy them for breakfast on into the week. They are so easy you can throw them together any evening in preparation for hectic weekday mornings. If you have mini muffin tins I would also suggest doing a batch that way to have on hand for afternoon or late night snacks.
Our favorite fruit is apples but you can substitute anything your family prefers; blueberries, raisins, even dried cherries.
One alteration I have been using lately is to coat the muffin tin with non stick spray and after the muffins are baked I put them into the paper liners. Truth be told, these muffins are a bit sticky and for little ones it can be difficult to peel the muffin papers off.
Ingredients: (for 12 full sized muffins)
1 ½ Cup Almond Meal
1 ½ Cup Rolled Oats; not instant
1 Cup Wheat Bran
½ Cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
½ Cup molasses
1 tsp Cinnamon
2 tsp Baking Soda
¾ Cup Milk
2 Apples; peeled, cored and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400, coat muffin tin with non stick spray
2. Combine dry ingredients well then mix in apples
3. In a separate bowl beat the eggs, milk and molasses until well combined
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix just moistened
5. Scoop (I use an ice cream scoop) batter into muffin tins and bake 25 minutes.