Sadly, blueberry season here on Florida is ending! But I know that fresh wonderful blueberries are plentiful in other states so here is one of my family's favorites! I mean FAVORITE!
The top of this oven baked Blueberry Gratin will be a mouth-watering golden brown. The almond powder/meal in combination with the Philadelphia Cream Cheese lends a texture and moistness that are truly unique! One can also serve this dessert “A la Mode”; with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream for a truly decadent international delight!
Prep time 15 minutes Bake time 25 min Serves 6
1 Pint Fresh Blueberries,
4 Ounces Butter at room temperature
4 Ounces Philadelphia cream Cheese
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Almond Powder/also called Almond Meal
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 410 degrees
2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy
3. Add the eggs one at a time
4. Add the Philadelphia Cream Cheese and Vanilla, beat until smooth
5. Add the Almond Powder/Meal and blend well
6. Gently fold in the Blueberries
7. Turn batter into a 9 inch baking dish AT LEAST 2 INCHES DEEP!
8. Bake for 25 minutes. Top will be golden brown and the gratin will be moist and yummy!
9. Serve warm or room temperature