First thing I did was to sit down and go through the book thinking I would choose a recipe to try right away....well after drooling over more than 20 in as many minutes I knew making just one was out of the questions. So I closed the book and opened it back up willy nilly to one of the many book marks I had placed during my first thumb through. Then I did the same thing again and voila...I had 2 new recipes to try!
First up: Pasta and Salami Salad
What can I say other than we have a new family favorite!
Easy to make, hearty enough for a main dish and absolutely delish!
Next up: Rice Pilaf
Absolutely delightful! The perfect side for chicken, fish, pork or beef!
I really want you all to have the total picture on just what this amazing cookbook has to offer so here is a bit of info from Taste Of Home:
- Taste of Home is America's connection to the personal recipes of people who cook at home as a way to bring family and friends together, particularly at the holidays.
- This special collection includes more than 1,400 of the most requested, most beloved dishes, all submitted by Taste of Home readers
- Each recipe has been evaluated and selected by Taste of Home, which ensures that it can be prepared with affordable everyday ingredients.
- Practical and proven tips to help every kind of cook enjoy perfect results every time
- Personal stories and memories from contributors are sprinkled throughout
- Prep/Cook Times
- Top 100 favorite recipes marked with an icon
- Everyday ingredients
- Easy-to-follow directions
- How-to photos and cooking tips
- Personal stories
- Ribbon marker
That from now until September 13th Best Loved Recipes is only available through the Taste of Home website:
When you order from the Taste of Home website you'll get an exclusive Taste of Home Baking Guide Free and free shipping.
Now on to just who stole my cookbook.....my daughter! This book got her excited and gave her confidence about cooking for herself and friends in her very first semi apartment at university so she quietly packed it with her school things! I'm not mad I'm thrilled she has a cooking tutor always at hand!!!!!