Ingredients: (serves 6)
36 medium fresh shrimp shelled and deveined
6 slices pancetta
6 slices Genoa Salami
1 ½ cups chopped cherry tomatoes
2 cups shredded radicchio
6 slices fresh pineapple
½ cup mayonnaise
4 tablespoons whole seed ancient style French mustard
1 tablespoon lemon grass paste
2 cups baby spinach
6 large French Dinner Rolls
½ C. Vegetable oil for seasoning the grill
12 wooden skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 15 minutes.
- Combine the mayonnaise, mustard and lemon grass paste. Set aside until ready to build the burgers.
- Skewer the shrimp leaving space between each shrimp. Chill until ready to use.
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Brush grill with vegetable oil and grill pineapple until you have grill marks, about 8 minutes. Turn pineapple slices over and grill until marks appear. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Brush the grill again with vegetable oil and toast the inside of the French Dinner Rolls until golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Brush grill again with vegetable oil and place shrimp, pancetta and salami on the grill.
- Grill shrimp until they start to turn opaque and pink; about 3 minutes depending on size. Turn over and continue cooking until done, about another 3 minutes for medium shrimp. Remove from heat until preparing the burgers.
- Grill the pancetta until it starts to brown then turn over and finish grilling until crisp, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from heat and drain.
- Turn the salami after on minute and grill another minute. Set aside until ready to use.
- To assemble the burgers:
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the sauce on the bottom of each dinner roll, top with one slice of pineapple, 6 shrimp, 1/6th of the baby spinach, 1 slice of pancetta, 1 slice of the salami, 1/6 of the chopped cherry tomatoes, 1/6th of the shredded radicchio and 1/6th of the remaining sauce.
- Add the bun tops and serve immediately!